AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY'S
ASSOCIATE BOARD OF AMBASSADORS
- PITTSBURGH -
About the American Cancer Society
Our mission is simple.
Save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer.
Every single day.
Every action we take moves us one step closer to a world free from the pain and suffering of cancer. We do this by drawing on the values of humanity to encourage prevention, raise awareness, foster innovation, inspire generosity, deepen understanding, and provide care.
We encourage prevention by advocating for
lifesaving changes, promoting early screening,
and empowering others to make healthy lifestyle choices.
We are relentless in our efforts to raise
awareness by honoring the people we’ve lost,
supporting those in treatment, and celebrating
the lives we’ve saved.
We foster innovation by conducting groundbreaking research and funding pioneering scientists.
We inspire generosity by motivating communities to donate and mobilizing them to act.
We deepen the understanding of one affected by cancer by delivering crucial health information and vital patient services.
ABOUT THE ABOA
The Associate Board of Ambassadors (ABOA) is the American Cancer Society's group of emerging leaders who raise funds and awareness in the fight against cancer. In its inaugural year, the ABOA is in the process of developing a new and exciting event in the Pittsburgh area marketed to professionals who are dedicated to finding cures and fighting back.
ABOA members have the opportunity to network with others who are interested in making a difference in their community and significantly impact the Society’s lifesaving mission.
Why join the ABOA?
Fundraise and volunteer for a cause you believe in.
Network with a high-quality group of Pittsburgh professionals.
Build relationships with donating companies.
Attend premiere fundraising events.
AT A GLANCE
1. SERVE AS A COMMUNITY AMBASSADOR for the American Cancer Society’s mission and programs through recruitment, social media, and more.
2. ACHIEVE AN INDIVIDUAL FUNDRAISING MINIMUM of $500 annual give/get for the calendar year of 2018.
3. PARTICIPATE ON AN ABOA TEAM to accomplish group fundraising goals.
4. ACTIVE INVOLVEMENT including attending ABOA meetings, team meetings, social events, and volunteer opportunities.
5. VOLUNTEER for at least one American Cancer Society event.